Monday, June 11, 2007

Were Back!! What a weekend!!
Where do I begin! We had such a great weekend. I think this weekend was filled with every emotion available, happy, frustrated, proud, excited, sad. . .you name it. The weekend started with. . .

Americade, 25th Anniversary
Americade started this Monday, but due to rainy weather and a busy schedule we were unable to get there until Friday. We had about 1 hour to hang out before we had to load the car and head to Seattle. An hour was better then nothing. It is amazing how many bikes go to Lake George for this event. Bikers are like their own little community. They always give each other a wave or nod as they ride past. It really is a way of life. We made it to the "tents" where we grabbed a cheeseburger and lemonade (free of charge due to my hunny's connections. . he he) then we hit the vendors. We got a new pair of sun glasses and a tank for Alyssa. Ashtun, Lindsay, Bekah, Chelsey and Kalah check out the picture of the shirt that we wanted to get you!! Here are some more photos of all the bikes and scenery. (Notice the mountains, for the Nebraskians --and you know who you are--are there mountains in Nebraska. . .I think not. Just kidding) After Americade it is on to Seattle. . .

A New Meaning To "On a Wing and a Prayer"
Where do I start. This was Danny's first plane ride and every thing that could go wrong did! LOL We got to Albany airport to find out that their was bad weather and our plane was delayed. Delayed was better than canceled. We waited about an hour and a half on the plane before we were given the ok to take off which put us at about 11:45pm. We seem to always get the seats by the wing of the plane. All I can say next is turbulence, turbulence, turbulence. As I squeeze my husbands hand and prayed that we land safely (hence the name of this blog) we finally landed in Chicago.

Did you happen to notice what time I said we left Albany, yeah well that meant we did not make our connecting flight. It gets better, because of the wonderful discount I was able to get on these tickets, the flight we missed was the last flight of the night. It gets better, we then asked when the next flight was that we would be booked on. She proceeds to tell us 8:00 PM the next night because of the weather and some computer glitch in the system that has held up many flights. As tears now fill my eyes, the lady says she will put us on the high priority stand by list for the 8:00am flight and every flight thereafter until we are able to board. It gets better, not wanting to take any chances of missing the 8:00am flight I thought it was best to spend the night in the airport. And as luck would have it, we were able to board the 8:00am flight. But wait, it gets better. . .after boarding the captain tells us the blade in the engine is badly bent and we need to exit the plane so they can either fix it or give us a new plane. (We just have to laugh at this point are we were going to kill someone). It gets better, we no sooner get off the plane to hear the announcement that "its not that bad, we can fly the way it is". (And the praying commences once again). But wait, it gets better, we finally arrive in Seattle about 11:30am to find out the airport is "congested" and we need to circle for about 20 mins. At this point I am having a conversation with the gentleman next to me (who is not my husband because we were unable to sit together) and I tell him our Seattle Saga to which he asks me "What on earth in Seattle could be worth this" It was an easy question to answer. . .

Alyssa Graduates!!

I still cant believe Alyssa is a high school graduate. It was awesome to see her in her gown with her graduation hat. She had about 300 kids in her graduating class (coming from a class of 63, this was amazing). They started the ceremony playing the graduation march. Out she comes standing tall. She looked just beautiful. Tears filled my eyes again (shocker, I know) as I watched her walk down then looked at Jeff and could see the pride in his eyes. He still can not believe his "little girl" has graduated. It doesn't seem possible. Once they were all seated they had a couple of speakers which were really good. Then they started handing out diplomas. With 300 kids I thought it was going to take forever but it went by rather quickly. There are some pictures of Alyssa waiting to march and receiving her diploma. She looked so happy (and a little nervous. . .biting her nails hehe). Here are a couple of the pictures from graduation. I will post more later.

Last but not least, Thank You

Jeff, Alyssa and I wanted to say thank you to all of our family and friends for the cards and college contributions. I can not believe how generation and caring everyone was. It really means a lot to all of us. Thank you again.

(Alyssa opening cards)


Amy said...

Hi Mary

You did an awesome job. I tried to wriote a comment and it disappeared so I'm sorry if there are two from me.

Anyway, love your blog. I love the pics of the flowers, it looks beautiful!!!

Thanks for keeping in touch w/ me. :)


Anonymous said...

Alyssa, Congradulations!!! Way to go!!! Bravo !!! (I have all bragging rights, hehehe). Papa and I are so proud of you. We miss you alot and enjoy seeing your beautiful pictures. Dad and Mary said your graduation was awsome. As you probally know, papa and I are soon to be Nabraskians. Corn, lots of corn, corn in the rivers, no arcades or trees, but lots of bunnies, LOL, inside joke. You have a great summer and we hope to see you for Xmas. WE miss you. Love gramma and papa. P.S. Mary, Your flowers look GREAT!!! Love the blog too.