Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Rough Couple Of Days. . .

This week has been hard. Plain and simple. We are re-doing the Sheetrock in the kitchen so my kitchen is tore apart. Thus making it difficult to do our daily routine. Thus making the babies a little cranky. So, they have decided not to sleep. Last night Jeff and I got a total of 3 hours each. The babies all woke up at 12:30 and would not go to sleep. Even after a mid-night dream feed we could not get them back to sleep. We ended up letting them cry for about 10 minutes then we were finally able to get them to sleep, it was 2:30. They slept another 3 hours and that was it. The day before the babies only slept 2 to 2.5 hours during the day, they usually sleep 5. So needless to say it has been rough.

Then part of my weekly help is gone. Jeff was is able to work a couple of days a week from home. It was 1/2 day on Tuesday and the entire day on Thursday. Well, apparently "it's not perceived well" that Jeff is working from home so he can only do a half day on Thursday now. Although I am extremely grateful for even that, it is frustrating that because someone doesnt like that Jeff works from home, thats a good enough reason not to let him. Anyone who knows Jeff knows that he is on the phone, cell phone, or computer pretty much constantly so he was not able to do a whole lot, but what he could do was such a great help. Ah-well, at least I still have him home to help a little during the week. We will get through it.

Then to top things off we had our first 911 call. Sounds worse than it ended up being, thankfully. I was feeding Nicholas and somehow he choked. Not a coughing kind of choke but more like gasping for air and gurgling. He would turn really red and his eyes were watering then he would get a small breath. I yelled to Jeff, thank God it was Thursday afternoon, and he took him. This went on for about a minute and a half and Jeff said to call. He just could not catch his breath. He would not turn blue, just really red. This continued the whole time I was on the phone with the 911 dispatcher. Then as the EMT was walking in the door, Nicholas seemed to come out of it. He was able to take more, deeper breaths. He was still a little red and his eyes were still watery but he was not gasping anymore. It lasted about 5 minutes in all. The EMT checked Nicholas out as he is smiling and laughing being his charming self. He said his lungs sounded good, we could take him to the ER if we wanted or we could call his Ped and get him right over. I opted for the Ped. Turns out he has a little virus that is causing a lot of mucus in his nose and mouth and thats what made him choke. He is doing fine now and gets to sleep with mommy and daddy tonight. All in all it turned out to be minor, but a little scary none-the-less.

Last but not least, I still do not have my camera. Racheal was supposed to stop by last week but she never showed so still no pictures to post. I do have some really cute ones on Jeff's camera. As soon as I can figure out how to use it, I will post them.

I am glad this week is over. I really hope next week is a little easier.


MasonTripletsPlusOne said...

Oh Mary, I'm sorry you have had such a rough week. Poor Nicholas, that must have been scary for everyone. Glad to hear that everyone survived. I hope the kitchen is done soon.


Amy Missey said...

Mary--glad Nicholas is doing better; what a scare! Hope next week is better for you. I've been wondering where you are on BBC! --Amy

Kristen said...

hey girl.. sounds like a stressful week. i hope that next week is a better one. give a call when you can.

Rebekah said...

Hi Aunt Mary,

I hope you have a better week this next week. okay??!?!?!? Im really glad that Nick is feeling better! I hope it doesn't happen again!

Love you guys!